12.17.2008

Ways to Prepare for Christmas

The past few weeks we've been preparing for Christmas at our house. I bet you have too. Since it's Jay's first Christmas, I gave him some helpful hints.

First, make a visit to Santa to tell him what you'd like for Christmas.

Jay already didn't listen too well and he fell asleep on Santa's lap! Now, who knows what he'll get for Christmas!

Well, as you can see, my jammie shirt says "I love Santa" but not enough to sit on his lap. So who knows what I'll get for Christmas too!


Rest when you can. Christmas is a busy holiday.

Bake some cookies. Morgan and I weren't sure about this at first. We couldn't understand why there was all these cookies in front of us and we were just suppose to decorate them, not eat them. Jacey is pretty clever though, so she went for the sprinkles instead.


I thought this cookie looked really delicious . . .



and all of these. . .


so I ate one up!



Also, find some time to snuggle with family and watch some movies (or the Survivor finale)



Play with your cousins. . . or let your cousins play with you!




Make some Christmas cards.




Find some nice boxes to fill special presents with.



Take time to take some cute pictures.











Put on your Santa hat to decorate the tree.




Find the perfect spot for all those pretty ornaments. Remember, keep the breakable ones out of my reach.

Have Daddy help you put the star on top of the tree






Lastly and most importantly, find some time to spend with family and friends. Jay listened really well about this. He and Mommy went to visit our friend Aidan and his mommy, Roz all the way in Tomah one day! Jay told me he really likes Aidan and he can't wait till he gets bigger and can be a Star War fanatic with Aidan like their daddies.






No comments: